Dental Implants: Are They The Right Option For You?
Quince Orchard Dental Care is a complete health practice. While our specialty is oral health, we consider your overall health in everything we do. One of our main service offerings is Dental Implantology. Let us educate you on the benefits of dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are replacement teeth made out of titanium that act as the root of the tooth. This ‘root’ provides a great foundation for permanent or removable teeth, such as a crown, bridge or denture.
Who is a good candidate for implants?
Dental implants are an ideal alternative for people who wear dentures, partial dentures and bridges. They are a great solution for anyone who has one or more missing or broken teeth that are beyond repair.
Some benefits of implants
- Dental implants look and act like natural teeth. Unlike dentures, dental implants are comfortable and they help restore full chewing and speaking function. They also feel like your own teeth.
- Implants help to keep surrounding teeth stable. When teeth are missing, the adjacent teeth tend to shift out of place.
- They are durable, too. Implants can last a lifetime when cared for properly.
When you come into our office, we will thoroughly examine your mouth and medical history to determine the option that’s best for you. If you are in good health and the bone surrounding any missing teeth can support an implant, then our team will develop an action plan for you.
At Quince Orchard Dental Care, we offer several dental implantology services.
- Single-Tooth Implants: The single-tooth implant replaces the missing tooth’s roots.
- Implant-Supported Bridge: If you are missing three or more teeth in the same area of your mouth, then an implant-supported dental bridge is a good option. Usually, two or more implants are surgically placed to support the bridge. Then crowns are connected to each other in order to form a single piece.
- Implant-Supported Removable Denture: If you are missing most or all of your teeth, then an implant-supported denture is a good option. This overdenture is supported by and attached to implants, replacing the missing teeth and their roots.
- Implant-Supported Fixed Prosthesis: Most patients who choose this option say that it is a life-changing treatment. It is a non-removable prosthetic. This prosthetic attaches to multiple implants, placed in specific locations throughout the upper or lower jaw to support the prosthetic for an effective, long-term solution.
With implants and natural teeth, regular dental exams are the key to your oral health. At Quince Orchard Dental Care, we provide personal attention and outstanding care. We take the time to educate and advise you on how to maintain good dental health to enhance your overall health.
Contact us for a consultation. We’d be happy to help you in any way we can.