Quince Orchard Dental Care
News and Events
Quince Orchard Dental Care Welcoming Back Patients
Quince Orchard Dental Care Welcoming Back Patients
Quince Orchard Dental Care | May 26, 2020
We are excited to see you returning to our office for your dental procedures. During the stay-at-home order, we were open for emergency appointments only. During this time, we established our policies with respect to disinfection and social distancing guidelines. We plan to continue these policies moving forward.
Dental offices have always been at the forefront of disinfection and sterilization protocols. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is not a new term to us! We have been wearing gloves, masks, eye coverings and germ-resistant fabrics for as long as you’ve known us. We have always used hospital-grade disinfectants and sterilization procedures on our instruments, equipment and water lines as well! We will continue this strict protocol, but we have added some new layers of protection as well, such as:
- Glass at the front desk check-in and check-out areas
- Removed magazines, books, toys, prizes from the reception and clinical areas
- Reconfigured reception area seating for our patients to maintain social distancing
- More frequent surface disinfection of bathrooms and common areas
- Upgraded Air filtration/Purification System for entire office (Air Knight IPG)
- Daily temperature check upon arrival for all Team Members, Doctors and Patients prior to appointments
- Wellness survey for each patient prior to appointment
- All Team Members and Doctors will be wearing a mask for the entire workday not just during procedures
- All clinical staff will be wearing face shields for all procedures
- Curbside check-in for patients to reduce number of patients in the office
- Our team will let you know when to come into the office and which door to use. A dental team member will greet you at the door to assist in social distancing guidelines.
- Modern Intraoral suction/isolation system to reduce aerosols during procedures (Dry Shield)
- Patient and anyone accompanying the patient must wear a mask when in the office.
- Patients come alone to their appointment unless they need assistance. For our pediatric patients, only one parent/guardian should bring the child/children to the appointment. Please only bring children who have scheduled appointments at that time to the office.
- Required use of hand sanitizer when coming into the office and before leaving.
- Touchless Hand Sanitizers placed on our hallway walls and tabletop ones throughout the practice
- Touchless soap dispensers and automatic hand dryers in our bathrooms
- Touchless soap dispensers and touchless paper towel dispensers in our operatories
- Text to pay option and other touchless payment options like Apple Pay
Due to the nature of dentistry, it is not always possible for us to practice social distancing when in the office because of our need for proximity to our patients and our Team Members. Outside of our patient interactions, we have guidelines in place for our Doctors and Team Members in common areas such as our conference and lunch room.
We will be slightly amending the way patients flow through the office in order to minimize any potential exposures to you or our team. Therefore, the following steps will be necessary before, during and after your appointment:
- Upon scheduling and/or confirming your appointment, a series of screening questions will be asked. You will need to complete a Wellness Survey within 24-48 hours of each appointment. These questions will also be asked on the date of your appointment. Please inform us if you or someone in your household has had a fever/coughing/respiratory difficulties in the 14 days prior to your appointment.
- Please come alone to your appointment, unless you need assistance. For our pediatric patients, only one parent/guardian should bring the child/children to the appointment. Please only bring children who have scheduled appointments at that time to the office.
- Please stay in your car when you arrive for your appointment. Please call or text us when you arrive and we will let you know when to come into the office and which door to use. Our doors will be marked clearly 1-3. A QO Dental Team Member will greet you at the door.
- You and anyone accompanying you must wear a mask when in the office. Please bring your own mask as we need to reserve our supply to our Team Members and Doctors. If you forget your mask, you may purchase one from us for $5.00.
- Upon entry into the office, a QO Dental Team Member will need to take the patient’s temperature as well as the accompanying parent/guardian. If a temperature of > 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit is taken, then you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- After your temperature is read, you will be escorted directly to your treatment room or to a designated section of the reception area.
- Please use hand sanitizer or soap and water to wash your hands when coming into the office and before leaving.
Please let any QO Dental Team Member know if you have any questions or concerns about these policies.
Again, we look forward to getting back to caring for your oral health!
In Good Health,
Your QO Dental Team